Steam Online Gaming Server Bans
After many emails to Steam, I finall received a reply, that this was not a VAC Ban, but a ban from Activision.Have sent them a few emails so far without any reply.
Reading the community on Steam, there are 100's if not 1,000's of people complaining about this (and VAC ban). The only way arount these ban's (according to the Steam communty), is to purchase another copy of the game and install it using a new Steam account.
I wonder if these ban's are just a way for them (Activision) to make even more money off the users who get banned.Stil waiting reply from Activision, so we'll see.
I have been a member of Steam Online Gaming for a couple of years. Sometime I enjoy playing online games, I don't play often, but do once in a while to let off steam..lol. I bought the new Call Of Duty: Black Ops II game a cou;e of weeks ago and have been playiing online for a couple days. Today, I tried to log on and play and after a couple of minutes I see, a message that said "This account has been permanently banned from playing on the Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Servers", When I was playing on one of the servers last night, some kid (yes, I am sure he was a kid, most of them are to me, i'm 50+), started typing that I was a hacker (cheating) and he was going to report me, because I killed him 5 times (he kept going back to the same place lol), everyone else in the game told him to shut up, that I was not hacking, I just old him "you're full of it" and kept playing, and ignored him.
I logged on to Steam and read their FAQ on the subject, which states they do not ban people because of reports from other users, they use an anticheat system called VAC, which checks you game files for modifications and if you are VAC banned, you will get a message that says that, well, this was not a VAC message and my files have not been modified. So how did I get banned? I can only believe because of some kid reporting me (what we called a bad sport). I sent them an email asking for an explination, but won't hold my breath. I read thru all the complaints about the bans, there are litterly 1,000 of the, yes, maybe some are legit.
I have $100's that I have invested on games over the years. The Black Ops II game was $59.00, and now I can only play stand alone, no online, to do this, I would have to buy another copy of the game????
I would like to hear from other gamers that use Steam and have been banned for no reason (do not reply if you have a VAC ban), but if you have been banned by a server admin, these are manually done by them, not by the VAC system.
I will wait to see if I get a reply from Steam, Then determine my next step.review #362839
You may also like
- "My family and I went to see The Hunger Games yesterday, Sunday, January 12, 2014. As parents, we made sure the movie would be appropriate for our 8 year..."
- "I was a first and last time Tmart.com buyer I ordered a Helicopter the Model Syma S107G. The helicopter they sent me is a fake counterfeit. The helicopter does not..."
- "Recently, I read an article on a new Philly rapper creating a loyal following in his neighborhood (congrats!) on a upcoming artist website. It was very briefâ€”literally seven sentencesâ€”but the..."
- "I bought a bag salad today to feed to my family and I was disgusted when I opened the bag to find mold growing on the cheese. It was foul..."
- "Rainbow systems playgrounds say they have a lifetime warranty on the wood for their swing sets. DO NOT Believe them!!! I have been trying since September to get..."
- "I ordered a Calla lilly for my grandmother after my grandfather died. The plant pictured showed a plant with 12 pink blooms in a woven basket. I paid for an..."
- "I ordered a mirror from them that their website had listed as in stock and ready to ship in 2-3 days. One month later it arrives broken. When I called..."
- "The worst product ever. Only 2 year after professional did the job the paint is peeling and some boards are now rotted where it peeled. Waste of lots of money..."
- "I signed a management agreement with JLS and they have mistreated our property, allowed renters to remove walls, drill holes and steal equipment they said we should leave for the..."